Shattered
longshanks
2010-09-05 01:26:52 UTC
I caught "Shattered" last night. Interesting. They're definitely going
for an overall dark and sinister vibe. Almost the very first thing that
happens is a shooting incident that immediately taints the relationship
between Callum and his new police partner.

Filmed in Vancouver, but the police patrol cars and uniforms don't match
those of the Vancouver Police, so I suspect that they're doing the
Anywhere, North America, thing. For a look at real Vancouver cops, check
out "The Beat":
http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/07/20/its-vancouvers-answer-to-the-wire/
On my cable system, it's seen on OLN (Outdoor Life Network Canada).

I think that Callum actually manages to pull off the multiple
personalities. I saw at least three separate personalities (including
his "normal" one), and it seemed believable to me. But, the premise
seems to be that hardly anyone knows about his multiple personalities,
and I wonder if that's possible, considering the psychological
evaluations that police officers have to go through.

The police psychologist appears to know, or at least suspect, that
Callum's character has a serious problem, but I'd assume that, if he did
have strong suspicions, he'd be required to let Callum's supervisor
know, so I don't know how realistic this is.

Anyway, I'll be back to watch more of this.

Ed Wilson
--
-- Reality is not enough; we need nonsense, too. Drifting into a world
of fantasy is not an escape from reality but a significant education
-- Gayleen Froese, Writing and Music: http://www.gayleenfroese.com/
Patty Winter
2010-09-05 01:34:00 UTC
Post by longshanks
I think that Callum actually manages to pull off the multiple
personalities.
Although I did not like S3 of "Due South" for multiple reasons,
and am not a CKR fan, I can totally see him doing a role like
this. He has exactly the edginess that I would expect to be
vital for displaying multiple personalities.

Patty